Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dancing Through Life

It's crazy how many things I have running through my mind. I have so many emotions that i can't even handle; nervousness, excitement, etc. This is because the pep fest is tomorrow. Every year, dance team performs at the pep fest to get the crowd excited for the homecoming game. We practice most of August and every weekend in September. We create this dance just for homecoming. Then, a week later, the regular season starts.
Less than 24 hours from now, I will have to dance in front of the entire student body. This isn't my first time performing, it's just that every performance is a new thrill. It's exciting to show off a new routine to everyone because it's something that people haven't seen before. I love this dance every time I do it.
There is so much pressure that goes into presenting yourself in front of your peers; are you going to forget the dance and stand there making a fool of yourself in front of your peers? I'm staying positive though and hoping that no one will mess it up. We have done this dance so many times that it's hard to forget.
Dance team performs the homecoming routine at the high school pep fest on Thursday, at Southwest Middle School's pep fest on Friday, and then again at the homecoming game that Friday night. All I'm doing is dancing through life!

No comments:

Post a Comment